Environmental Health & Safety Officer
Salary Level: £35,000
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Health and Safety Officer to join this leading manufacturer based in Lurgan Co Armagh on a permanent basis.
As their Health and Safety Officer, you will be responsible for developing and delivering training to meet the needs of their integrated SHEQ system, ensuring technical risk assessments, standards, and operating procedures are up to date, satisfying regulatory compliance and improving process skills knowledge. You will assist with employee career development opportunities, undertake systems audits, and assist with continuous improvement projects.
What’s on Offer:
The salary on offer for this Health and Safety Job is up to £35,000 based on your experience, they also offer a range of benefits, including pension, holiday entitlements, parking and development opportunities
As their Health and Safety Officer, you will play a critical role in ensuring the safety and well-being of our employees and the efficient functioning of their integrated SHEQ system. You will be responsible for the critical and technical risk review of SHEQ work processes and activities, technical development of training materials, and delivering training to new employees and management team leads. You will also provide technical support and assist in the development of SHEQ Process/Task Risk Assessments, conduct and document SHEQ internal audits and coordinate, develop & manage a phased employee SHEQ induction programme and career development training plans in collaboration with management team leads, and maintain accurate and complete employee training files.
- Possess a 3rd level or above educational qualification in a related discipline e.g. Environmental / Health & Safety
- Relevant Level 3 or above in a Safety related qualification
- 2-3 years industry experience in a similar role
- Excellent IT and literacy skills with a sound working knowledge of all MS Office applications.
- Ability to facilitate a flexible work pattern to meet the demands of the role
- Experience of functional safety, and be keen to develop further knowledge of processes, safety management, safety engineering and safety assessments.
- Experience of leading safety assessments and coaching others
- Familiarization of SHEQ ISO Standards and certification requirements
- Experience of Continuous Improvement processes
How to Apply:
If you possess the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, and have a desire to work in a challenging and rewarding environment, they will welcome your application. They offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with the opportunity to work with a highly motivated and professional team of SHEQ professionals.