Health and Safety Officer Derry
Salary £26,000 - £28,000
Are you seeking a new job as a Health & Safety Officer in the Derry area?
At this engineering manufacturer, there is a need for a Health and Safety Officer. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the MD and the Senior Operations team to develop an unrivalled Safety Management system.
As their Health and Safety Officer, your new job will include the following:
- Creation and ongoing development of internal health and safety policies and procedures
- Establishing operational safety standards
- Develop strategies to ensure training is delivered to the required standard, keep an eye on training needs, and ensure staff training is current and up to date.
- Identifying methods to reduce risks and implementing changes through toolbox talks and safety strategies.
- Tracking current health and safety requirements and verifying compliance site management, documentation, and recording of subcontractor onboarding ensuring that equipment is properly and safely set up.
- Investigating and documenting incidents, accidents, complaints, and cases of illness, and using that information to make recommendations to improve safety
- Keep all staff members regularly updated, and this includes presentations and new hire orientations.
The successful Senior Health and Safety Officer will have the following skills:
- A recognised qualification in health and safety such as NEBOSH, NVQ or NCRQ
- 2 years or more of hands-on experience supporting Health & Safety in a working environment, both in an office and on a manufacturing site.
- Experience initiating, managing, and completing H&S projects.
- Knowledge of H&S laws, theories, and best practices.
- Knowledge of ISO 45001 requirements in practice.
- What’s on offer for this Health & Safety Officer’s job
- Salary up to £28,000 based on your experience
- Early finish Fridays
- Health Cash Plan Scheme
- Continued professional development opportunities
- Planning and managing company goals in close collaboration with the senior management team
How do I apply?
If you have a CV ready and want to apply now, click through the link below.